Flaky Dry Scalp | How To Prevent It
There are so many variables that can cause flaky dry scalp conditions. One of the main causes involves from improper cleansing or over cleansing of the scalp. Which means that sebum (a natural sticky oil produced by the scalp) is not thoroughly removed during the cleansing process of the hair. This equates to the build-up of sebum, bacteria, mixed with products used in the hair. All of this combined eventually results in inflammation of the scalp. However, there are certain steps you can take to prevent flaky dry scalp and keep it under control.
Properly Cleansing Your Hair
The cleansing process is the most important step in preventing flaky dry scalp conditions. The itchy feeling that you may be experiencing may be a sign that your scalp needs cleansing or moisturizing. By following these steps you will be on your way to a healthy flake-free scalp.
- For those with very dry hair begin with deep conditioning the hair the day before cleansing. Warm the oil then massage into your scalp and hair, cover with a plastic cap the night before you shampoo. (If your hair is well moisturized you can skip this step)
- Next, cleanse your hair focusing on the scalp removing all build-up and sebum.
- Follow with oiling the scalp, conditioning the hair and style.
Oiling Your Scalp
The oiling of the scalp is very important with keeping your scalp moisturized and healthy after the cleansing process. Your scalp will eventually absorb any leftover oils and the health of your scalp will become balanced.
Mixing the proper oils will help keep your scalp healthy, soft and supple.
- The best oils to use for the scalp: coconut, olive, castor, jojoba, grapeseed, almond, hazelnut.
- Essential oils that are healing and fights bacterial and fungal growth: Tea Tree, Lavender, Rosemary
Mixing the Oils For Scalp Application
- Pour 4oz of your oil of chose into a bowl. Mix in no more than 6 drops of essential oils. Stir to combine.
- Place oil mixture into an applicator bottle. Shake to ensure the oils are thoroughly incorporated.
- Apply oil to clean freshly washed hair messaging the oil into the scalp, condition then style.
Here I explain how you can keep your scalp healthy and flake free.
IF YOU LIKE THIS VIDEO?.SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE FOR MORE (here)
Until Next Post, Stay Tuned