Hair Dye For Natural Hair | What is Temporary. Semi. Demi & Permanent Colors
Before you buy your favorite hair dye for natural hair. It is important to learn the difference between them and how to apply the dyes. As much as we may love a certain color or want a particular look. Choosing the wrong type of dye may end up with you not getting the results you want. Wasting time, money or irreversible damage to your hair. Today, we will discuss temporary, semi, demi and permanent hair colors. This way you will gain some knowledge to make the best choice.
Temporary Hair Color, What is it?
Temporary hair color coats the surface of the hair adding a sheer color or highlights. It only lasts about 1 to 3 shampoos which
How to Apply:
- Cleanse the hair with shampoo to remove product build-up.
- Apply the color to the hair strands from the roots to the ends.
- Let the hair color set for 3 to 5 minutes then rinse from hair until the water runs clear.
- Now, apply conditioner throughout the hair for long-lasting softness. Rinse. Then style as usual.
IF YOU LIKE THIS VIDEO?.SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE FOR MORE (here)
Semi-Permanent Hair Dye For Vibrancy And Shine. How Long Does It Last?
Semi-Permanent color deposits color into the hair only and are perfect if you are trying out new hair colors. It contains no ammonia or similar products. Also, it does not require a developer (peroxide) to dye the hair. Furthermore, it lasts only 4 to 12 shampoos and can be used to cover gray hairs (if it is less than 25% gray). It adds vibrancy to natural hair color and highlights and shines to previously dyed hair. Semi-Permanent hair color does not lighten the hair and can be safely used on permed or relaxed hair.
The Application Process:
- Wash hair with a clarifying shampoo.
- Working in sections, apply dye to the hair distributing from the roots to the ends.
- Cover the hair with a plastic cap and let it sit for 30 minutes. Following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Finally, rinse the dye out under running water until the dye water runs clear.
- Apply conditioner or deep condition the hair then rinse.
- Apply your leave-in product or styler. Then proceed to style your hair as usual.
What is Demi-Permanent Hair Dye and How To Use It?
Demi-permanent hair color contains no ammonia but has a small amount of peroxide or must be mixed with a developer (peroxide) (Read manufacturers instructions). It is a deposit only color so it will not lighten the hair. The hair will have a noticeable color enhancement that will last for a long period of time versus semi-permanent hair color. Up to 24 shampoos. It will blend up the 50% gray hair and enhance natural hair color. Perfect for color corrective work and is gentle enough for relaxed or chemically treated hair. Because a low-level developer is used and there is no ammonia in the dye it will not damage the hair.
Steps To Use:
- Follow the same steps as above for the semi-permanent hair dye if you are seeking full hair coverage.
- To use as a hair color refresher or for color correction – apply hair color from the mid-shaft to the ends of the hair.
When To Use Permanent Hair Dye For Natural Hair
Permanent hair color will be your best choice if you want to dye your hair 2 or more shades lighter or brighten up your hair color. Also, if you are seeking 100% coverage on gray hair or want highlights throughout your hair. Understand that when dying your hair a permanent color your are creating a permanent chemical change in your hair that you will see until it is cut off. This means you will have to refresh your hair color from time to time.
Therefore, if you are considering using permanent color in your hair. Permanent hair will be the best choice if your hair is more than 25% gray and want 100% coverage. If your natural hair color is too dark and you want a brighter lighter color. Lightening your overall hair color will brighten your skin and your eyes. Furthermore, you want to dye your hair red but your hair color is too dark. Then permanent hair color will be your best choice simply because semi and demi hair color will not add enough vivacity to the hair. On the other hand, if you are seeking highlights you will need a high-lifting permanent color or bleach. If you want to go 4 or more shades lighter it is best to choose a professional stylist to dye your hair.
Tips Before You Dye Your Hair With Permanent Hair Color
- Always follow the manufactures direction for the hair dye.
- For best results, shampoo and condition your hair before you dye it. This will soften your hair so the dye process will work better. Meaning better results.
- Always do a strand test to ensure that you are getting the look you want.
- Do not use alcohol base styling products directly after coloring. This will cause the color to fade quickly within the first 24 hours and dry the hair out.
- Deep condition the hair often at least weekly or every two weeks. Deep conditioning will keep your hair soft and pliable.
Hair Dyes For Natural Hair C
If you are not seeking a dramatic hair color change or not in need of total gray hair coverage than temporary, semi-permanent or demi-permanent hair colors will be your best choice.
On the other hand, if you are seeking to lighten your hair, dramatically darken your hair color or in need of total gray coverage than permanent hair color will work best.
You may also enjoy,
Until Next Post Stay Tuned,