Afro Boho – For many years I was unconcerned and did not know what is my style. Until recently, when I decided to go through my clothes. That’s when I noticed that I had a color palette and an interesting clothing design that I was attracted to naturally.
About 80% of my clothing has color to them, design, embellishments, or texture. Even my choice of Jewelry set a statement. All I needed to do was put it all together. That’s when I started to research my style. Afro Boho is what it is.
What is Bohemian or Boho?
Bohemian style is an alternative type of fashion. Different from mainstream trends. Bohemian is an exotic style sense.
As a part of the Aesthetic Movement, it is about embracing a new lifestyle and a different style of clothing. The Boho focuses on loose fits, hand embroideries, and inspired cultural designs. The style represents a free-spirited, liberated lifestyle.
What is an Afro Boho?
An Afro Boho embraces Afrocentric (black or African) culture with an unconventional sense of style.
The Afro Boho Wardrobe or Capsule Collection Should Have These Staples.
An Afro Boho wardrobe should complement these elements.
- Loose or Relaxed Fit Clothing
- Decorative Trims (pompoms, ribbons, prints)
- V neckline or Off the Shoulder Tops
- Loose-fitting sleeves (Bell or Bishop style)
- Textured Tops or Bottoms
- Wide Leg
Skirts And Dresses
- Loose or Relaxed Fit
- Slightly Oversized
- Leather or Sued in Neutral Tones
- Decorative Fringe and Trims
Shoes – Footwear
- Neutral Colors – Browns beige and greys
- Wooden Accents
- Chunky Heels
- Ankle boots
- neutral color sandals
Accessories – Handbags, hats, Belts
- Suede, Leather in neutral tones.
- Embellishments, fringe, trims, embroideries
- Straw or Rattan
- Mixed or Ethnic Prints
Boho Style Jewelry
- Gems and Pearls
- Natural Metals
- Beaded Designs
- Layered Necklaces
- Stackable Rings
- Antique and Gold Metals
- Wooden Jewelry or accents
- Ethnic Inspired Jewelry (African, Mexican, Native American, Chinese, etc.)
Until Next Post, Stay Tuned,