Coconut Oil For Hair
Coconut oil for hair aids in the prevention of combing damage which is the cause of protein loss in the hair.? It also provides a film along the hair strands.? When applied to the hair prior to washing coconut oil penetrates the hair cuticles and reduces swelling.? The penetration of water into the cuticle is prevented by coconut oil.? These effects prevent the lifting of the cuticle and breakage when combing.
Grooming and Breakage
History of Coconut Oil
Historically, coconut oil has been used in tropical regions as a hairdressing.? Prolong use of coconut oil is known to lead to healthy looking long hair preventing damage to the cuticle during grooming procedures.? Therefore, if used as a pre-conditioner coconut oil will prevent hair damage.
Therefore, coconut oil?is also known to improve hair health. It is an excellent conditioner and helps strengthen roots and reduce hair fall.? Also, coconut oil is extensively used in treating dandruff and other scalp related conditions.
An alternative to coconut oil is babassu oil which has the exact same effects as coconut oil.
How to Use Coconut Oil as a Pre-Conditioner:
- If solid scoop some of the oil into a jar.
- Place the jar in hot water until melted or heat in microwave for a few seconds until melted.
- Let cool until lukewarm.
- Then place a small amount into palm of the hand and distribute evenly throughout hair.
- Next, cover your hair with a plastic cap.
- leave in for 20 minutes to 45 minutes.
- Shampoo (use sulfate-free), condition, style.
More Great information on Coconut oil for hair here
Also a great article on Aloe Vera for Hair here