Thigh Length Natural Hair Regimen | Indigenous Strandz Inspired
If you ever thought that growing thigh length natural hair is impossible, think again. Natural tightly curly hair can grow to thigh length and beyond! A YouTuber who goes by her channel name Indigenous Strandz can prove it! All it takes is time, patience, and TLC. Including an understanding that our hair is fine, delicate and fragile.
Simplicity Is Key To Growing Thigh Length Natural Hair.
Indigenous Strandz hair is styled in two strand twists protective hairstyle 90% of the time. Furthermore, from wash day to styling she only uses a few products to maintain her long locks. The products use are 100% natural. Here?s the full list.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Used as a cleansing alternative when hair washing. Also, known for smoothing and closing the cuticle layers of the hair.
- Aloe Vera Juice – A natural moisturizer for the hair. Heals inflamed or irritated scalp or skin.
- Castor oil – ?Used as an alternative to conditioner, natural moisturizer, and aids in hair moisture retention.
- Flax Seeds – Used to create a styling gel for the hair. Indigenous Strandz typically used it on the ends of her hair to prevent tangling and single strand knots.
- Various other oils – such as flaxseed oil, olive oil and jojoba oil as a moisturizer or sealant.
IF YOU LIKE THIS VIDEO?.SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE FOR MORE (here)
Indigenous Strandz – Thigh Length Natural Hair Wash Day Regimen
Her hair care regimen is very simple and easy to follow. Perfect for anyone who is seeking a simple natural hair care alternative to growing healthy hair.
On wash day – she creates a natural hair cleansing alternative mixture of 1 part water, 1 part apple cider vinegar and 1 part aloe vera juice. She saturates her hair with water then apply the ACV mixture throughout her hair focusing on the scalp are. Then rinse the ACV mixture out. Remember, her hair wash routine is done with her hair in two strand twists. The twists lessen the possibilities of the hair from becoming matted or tangled.
Next, working with one twist at a time. She saturates each twist with aloe vera juice (moisturizer) then follow up with castor oil for slip and ease of detangling. Then, she unravels the twists and removes any shed hairs. Follow by retwisting the hair back in place. Last, she applies the flaxseed gel to the end of the twist. She repeats this over again until her entire head is completed with a fresh set of two strand twist.
Her wash day regimen is typically done about once every 2 months but she moisturizes and oils her hair weekly to keep it soft and supple.
Check out Indigenous Strandz thigh length natural hair full wash day regimen and the products she uses in this video.
An Alternative Method To Washing and Maintaining Two Strand Twists
How I maintain my and my daughter’s hair is very similar but instead, we use basic hair care products. Our hair is maintained primarily in twists or braided hairstyles 95% of the time. Also, we spend a lot of time outdoors and enjoy swimming and water activities. Furthermore, we live in a very humid environment. I created a hair care regimen that will protect our hair from environmental stresses and that will keep our hair soft for a longer period of time.
The hair care products we use are:
- Shampoo Bar – For conditioning deep cleansing.
- Deep Conditioner – replenishes moisture into our hair after cleansing.
- Conditioner or Co-Wash – Used as an alternative to shampoo.
- Leave-In Conditioner – applied weekly for moisture retention or as a detangler.
- Oil or hair butter – Aids in moisture retention and detangling.
Our Simple Hair Care Routine.
The shampoo bar is used monthly in our hair for deep cleansing and is always followed with a deep conditioning treatment. I weekly cleansing is done if we are active in outdoor activities or swimming with a conditioner or co-wash. Followed by a spray on leave-in conditioner and an oil or hair butter.
Like Indigenous Strandz hair routine above. I wash our hair in twists or braids. My daughters are young their hair collects lint over time. Therefore, I will unravel the twists after the cleansing process, apply and work the conditioner into their hair then rinse. The conditioner aids in the removal of lint from the hair.
More Indigenous Strandz Hair Care Videos You May Enjoy!
Until Next Post Stay Tuned,